- populist records
- NICHOLAS DEYOE - WITH THROBBING EYES
- TOM JOHNSON - CORRECT MUSIC
- SCOTT WORTHINGTON - EVEN THE LIGHT ITSELF FALLS
- GNARWHALLABY - [EXHIBIT A]
- WILD UP - FEATHER & STONE
- ANDREW MCINTOSH - HYENAS IN THE TEMPLES OF PLEASURE
- INOO-KALLAY DUO - FIVE CONVERSATIONS ABOUT TWO THINGS
- SCOTT WORTHINGTON - PRISM
- MATT BARBIER - FACE | RESECTION
- THOLL/FOGEL/HOFF - CONDITIONAL TENSION
- CHRIS KALLMYER - RHYOLITE
Welcome To Populist Records!
Populist Records is a small Los Angeles based record label committed to investing in compelling and experimental music from our own community.
Sign up for our mailing list
Thanks for visiting.
Our first full-length LP from Chris Kallmyer is out in May
We're really excited to be putting out our next release from Chris Kallmyer, with contributions from Julia Holter and Lucky Dragons.
Rhyolite, explores the artist’s understanding of landscape through sound, memory, and patterns. Side A, features “Fence, Amargosa Desert,” by Chris Kallmyer. This piece documents a wind-activated sound installation made from 200 glass bottles round in Rhyolite, Nevada. Side B features new works, written by Julia Holter and Lucky Dragons, in response to Kallmyer’s “Fence, Amargosa Desert.” These pieces suggest different ways of seeing and hearing the northern reaches of the Mojave Desert. Holter’s “Why We Come to Californy” filters Dust Bowl-era sentiment through her unique voice and perspective, while Lucky Dragon’s collection of 5 pieces present meditations on the essential elements of the sonic landscape.
We're proud to announce our newest release
Chris Kallmyer/Julia Holter/LuckyDragons
PR011: May 13th, 2016
Chris Kallmyer - Rhyolite
Available for Pre-Order here